Out on a limb: 10 predictions for ’10
- David Ortiz will hit more home runs than Jason Bay.
- Ted Williams’ head will NOT be a story this year.
- J.D. Drew will play fewer than 110 games due to various ailments.
- John Lackey and Josh Beckett will each win 16 games.
- Terry Francona will bleed from at least two orifices before the season is over.
- Marco Scutaro for the Red Sox will hit fewer home runs than Alex Gonzalez will hit for the Blue Jays.
- Adrian Gonzalez will be playing first base for the Red Sox by August 1st.
- Coincidentally Jacoby Ellsbury will be roaming center field for the Padres by August 1st.
- George Steinbrenner will die, go to hell, where Abner Doubleday will hunt him down and kick the crap out of him.
- The Red Sox will qualify for the post season as the wild card team with 94 wins, but they will lose in game 5 of the first round to the Texas Rangers on a walk off home run by Mike Lowell.